Setup your grid credentials 🔗You first need to set your EGI certificate. The way to achieve this is describe in the GUI guide") Note: The following instructions explain how to setup the EGI authentication in console mode (not recommended). To delegate a task to EGI you need to register your certificate in OpenMOLE. In the console execute:
You need to execute this operation only once and for all. OpenMOLE persists this information in your preferences folder.
EGIAuthentication() = P12Certificate(encrypted, "/path/to/your/certificate.p12")
Submitting jobs to EGI 🔗
To use EGI through DIRAC you should setup an
EGIAuthentication as explained above using a P12 certificate bundle. Other methods are not supported by DIRAC. In order to use EGI you must be registered in a Virtual Organisation (VO).
The VO is the only compulsory parameter when creating an EGI environment. Here the VO biomed is specified, but you can specify the EGI VO of your choice:
Basic options available for EGI are:
val env = EGIEnvironment("biomed")
- cpuTime: the maximum duration for the job in terms of CPU consumption, for instance 1 hour,
- openMOLEMemory: the memory of attributed to the OpenMOLE runtime on the execution node, if you run external tasks you can reduce the memory for the OpenMOLE runtime to 256MB in order to have more memory for you program on the execution node, for instance
openMOLEMemory = 256 megabytes,
- debug: generate debugging information about the execution node (hostname, date, memory, max number of file descriptors, user proxy, ...). Defaults to
debug = false
- name: the name an environment will take in the logs.
EGIEnvironmentcan be tuned using the previous options as in this example:
val env = EGIEnvironment( "biomed", cpuTime = 4 hours, openMOLEMemory = 200 megabytes )
EGIEnvironmentalso accepts a set of more advanced options:
- service: a DIRAC REST API,
- group: the name of the DIRAC group,
- bdii: the BDII to use for listing resources accessible from this VO. The BDII in your preference file is used, when this field is left unspecified.
- vomsURL: the URL of the VOMS server used for the authentication,
- fqan: additional flags for authentication,
- setup: setup to use on the DIRAC server. It is set to "Dirac-Production" by default.